So, in light of my new DJ controller, I’ve decided to do some rough mixes on top of the infrequent studio mixes.
I guess, it’s just more fun to hit play and see what comes to mind, then mix it.
So… yeah. It’s a “sub-category” if you will of mixes. You’ll hear that the transitions are a little more rushed and/or forced. That’s due to the fact that either:
- I’ve never heard the track before
- I haven’t studied it enough to remember the timings, or
- I’m just too drunk.
So with that in mind, these rough mixes will be pushed out more frequently than you’d be used to. You’ll also see tracks repeated from previous mixtapes, as it is impromptu. And emphasis on “rough mixing,” in which you’ll notice where I screwed up counting the beats in one transition, and the other couple times where the beatmapper just plain effed it up and put a 128 bpm track as an 85. Oh, what a novice I am…
And with that we head on to the Mixcloud link:
And for those who want take out:
And the tracklist:
- Frenchie – Fait Accompli (John Daly Remix)
- Laura Jones – Loves In Me (Eats Everything Loving You ReWork)
- Circuit Freq, Audrey Napoleon – This Is Fucking Techno (Dataworx Remix)
- Chromeo – Hot Mess (Djedjotronic Remix 2)
- Sei A – Jus Appreciate
- Make the Girl Dance – Kill Me (The Toxic Avenger Remix)
- Eclier – Hole (Marseille Remix)
- Felix Cartal – The Joker
- Fake Blood – Mars
- Ado – The Ultra
- Mr. Oizo – Oral Sax
- Gesaffelstein – Opr
P.S. Why label the series Zoning By-laws?
Well, you see, once you get into the mood and everything just flows nicely together, and your impromptu set turns out to be one wicked time, you kinda want to share it with people. It’s your element, you’re on fire. You’re in the danger zone. It’s your zone. No one knows what’s in store when you peak. And as Kanye inadequately put it, “Don’ let me git in mah zone…”
And….fuck that guy.